In addition to the peace and tranquility that you’ll experience during your stay at Longswamp Bed and Breakfast, we invite you to explore the many local attractions and establishments that help make our area of eastern Pennsylvania unique. Below is a list of some of our favorite things to do and places to go.
Antique and Collectible Shopping
- Cottage Antiques and Crafts – Indoor Antique Craft Mall & Silent Bid Board Auction in Allentown, PA
- Fensty’s Flea Market – Indoor “Year-Round” Flea Market in Bally, PA
- Renninger’s Antique and Farmer’s Market – Fresh Food, Great Deals, and Hidden Treasures in Kutztown, PA
- Zionsville Antique Mall – Quality Antiques, Vintage Treasures, and Unique Home Décor in Zionsville, PA
There are 21 award-winning, family-owned wineries near us! All have wine for sale, tasting and food events, and tours.
- Berks County Wine Trail – 12 great vineyards with tasting events throughout the year!
- Lehigh Valley Wine Trail – 9 great vineyards with tasting events throughout the year!
- Bear Creek Ski Resort – Premium skiing, snowboarding, and tubing experience
- Cabela’s – Quality outdoor products, lifelike taxidermy, and local fish swimming in the aquarium
- Covered Bridge Tours in Berks County and Lehigh County – Both offer an opportunity to journey back in time to a quieter, more idyllic way of life.
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom – Two great parks for the price of one (May – October)
- Hawk Mountain – Scenic overlooks and meandering mountain trails open all year long with close-up views of hawks, eagles, and falcons from August through December.
- Historic Bethlehem – Be transported to another time and place by experiencing museums and historic sites all year long. The “Christmas City” season officially kicks off on November 1 and runs through January 13.
- Lockridge Park and Furnace Museum – A park built around a historic iron ore blast furnace with walking trails
- The Lehigh Valley Zoo – Nearly 340 animals representing 130 different species
- Valley Preferred Cycling Center & Velodrome – The cycling capital of the United States with a world-famous velodrome hosting the world’s premier weekly racing series each summer, as well as national championships.
Fine and Casual Dining
- Bear Creek Grille, Macungie 2.6 miles
- Buckeye Tavern, Macungie 610-966-4411
- Carriage House, East Greenville
- Deitsch Eck, Lenhartsville 610-562-8520
- Herman’s Drive-In, Topton 610-682-6386 (seasonal) 3.1 miles Great! burgers, dogs, sandwiches & ice cream!
- Inn at Maple Grove, Alburtis 610-682-4346 1.5 miles
- Landis Store Hotel, Barto 610-845-2324
- Savory Grille, Macungie 610-845-2010 3.5 miles
- Snuzzles, Dryville 610-682-7272
- Tavern Pizza on Main, 610-928-0440 2.7 miles They deliver!